Sunday, February 12, 2012

Disgustingly Rich Brownies

Okay, so disgusting may not be how most people would describe their favorite brownie; however, my mother helped me term these brownies. She told me once when she tried them that they had so much chocolate it was disgusting how rich they were. Being as these brownies are my grandfathers favorite, I continue to keep making them. My husband's reaction was similar to my mother's and I never told him the name. You can tweak this recipe in many ways to adjust to your taste but the reaction is always the same, so disgustingly rich but you just have to eat one more.

"Here is how to make the Disgustingly Rich Brownies"

-2 cups sugar
-1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
-4 eggs
-3/4 cups cocoa
-2 teaspoon vanilla extract
-2 cubes (1 cups) butter
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/2 chocolate chips or chopped walnuts (optional)

1) Preheat oven to 350
2) Melt butter over low heat
3)Stir the cocoa and sugar together. Then stir in the melted butter
4)Add eggs and vanilla, and stir again
5) Now add the flour and salt, and mix just in until smooth. Not too much ( if you're adding choc. chips or walnuts, now is the time.)

Cooking
1)Scrape the mixture out into the greased pan (8 or 9-inch) and spread out in an even layer.
2)Bake in 350-degree oven until the brownies just begin to pull away from the side of the pan (or until you can stick a toothpick in and pull it out with no batter is sticking to it)
Takes about 20 to 30 mins
Let it cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment